iYogi, the fastest growing on-demand tech services company, announced today the first installment of “iYogi Reviews,” a weekly update of issues trends, and news based on thousands of daily incidents from the front lines of global tech support service. This week’s iYogi Review identifies the Top Five Issues for Slow PC Performance over the last week:
Top Five Reasons for Slow PC Performance
1. Spyware, viruses and other malware are running on your PC and using up important system resources, like processing time, memory and internet or system bandwidth.
Solution: Get a good antivirus and anti-spyware scanning program and run a full scan. In extreme cases of bad infections, it may be quicker, safer and more effective to reformat the hard disk and completely re-install the operating system. Click here for a detailed solution.
2. A fragmented disk is causing slow disk access. But as files on the hard disk are updated, deleted and created, they become fragmented and take longer to read than files stored as a continuous sequence of bytes.
Solution: Windows has a build in disk defragmenter that you should use every two months. Click here for a detailed solution.
3. Too Many Windows and Temporary Files slow down your PC’s start-up. Over time people install more and more software, yet don’t get rid of programs they no longer use. Many of these applications are designed to automatically start up when the PC is turned on. The more you have running, the less memory you have and the longer your PC will take to start up.
Solution: Uninstall any programs or applications that you do not need or use anymore, and stop unnecessary programs from running automatically at start-up. Click here for a detailed solution.
4. Unwanted files and software cause your computer to run slow. Windows contains dozens of software services that run by default when the operating system starts. Not ever user needs these, and can turn them off for a minor saving.
Solution: There are numerous services on different PCs, so the best way to determine what’s best for your system is to research how-to articles online to determine how to turn off some of these services. Click here for a detailed solution.
5. Integrity of the files stored on the disk causes slow system performance. As you use your hard drive, it can develop bad sectors, which slow down hard disk performance and sometimes make data writing (such as file saving) difficult, or even impossible.
Solution: You can check the integrity of the files stored on your hard disk by running the Error Checking utility. This utility scans the hard drive for bad sectors and file system errors to see whether certain files or folders are misplaced. This utility should be run weekly to prevent data loss. Click here for a detailed solution.
“This first of many iYogi Review updates reveals that a large proportion of computer users are suffering from slow PC performance that need to be addressed in an effective manner,” said Vishal Dhar, co-founder and president of marketing at iYogi. “Based on an analysis of our global customer base representing thousands of support incidents per day, we can see that the frustrating problem of slow PC performance often comes down to a few common issues. Fortunately, there are ways to correct these problems and maintain one’s system to prevent reoccurrences.”
iYogi has more has more than 100,000 annual subscribers around the world and provides thousands of single incident sessions every day. Its Global Delivery Platform delivers on the highest customer satisfaction benchmarks in the industry and gets smarter with every customer interaction, building a powerful knowledge base that provides unique customer insights on predictive needs to tech support. For more information on iYogi and a detailed list of technologies supported, visit: http://www.iyogi.net.
Tel.: (646) 652-5204