Do you want to protect your PC from dangerous sites? Do you know that such sites can damage your computer permanently? Not only this, but it can also steal some of your personal information and use it against you to commit a crime.
You can protect your PC from dangerous sites and other malicious objects by changing the browser setting on your computer. The security settings on your web browser keep an account of pages you visit every day and protect them from potentially dangerous sites. For example- it gives you the option to block websites that can be dangerous. You can change the settings of your browser depending upon your need. Here are the steps to change the security settings of different web browser.
Solution to the problem
1. Open Internet Explorer Web browser
2. Click “Tools” from the menu, and then select the “Internet Options” title.
3. Click on “Security” option at the top of “Internet Options” window.
4. You can click items like “Internet” or “Restricted sites” to access the menu from where the settings has to be done.
5. Click the slider menu and the buttons to specify each setting.
6. Restart your web browser to save the settings.
1. Open your Firefox Web browser.
2. Click “Options” item from the “Tools” menu. If you have a Mac PC, click the “Preferences” option from the “Firefox” menu.
3. Now click the “Security” button at the top of the window.
4. Now you can select the options like “Block reported attack sites,” to enable or disable the items according to your preference.
5. Close the window and restart Firefox to allow the new settings to run.
1. Launch your Safari web browser.
2. Click “Edit,” if you have Windows or “Safari,” if you have Mac, menu, and then select the “Preferences” option.
3. Now click the “Security” tab in the dialog window.
4. You will find the boxes to activate or deactivate the security settings, click on the boxes that you wish to choose. For example- In the “Web content” section, you will get the option to block pop-up windows.
5. Close the dialog window and restart your browser to save the settings.
You can change the browser security settings on your computer depending on your needs and requirements. So, the next time you find any dangerous site blocking your way, simply change the security settings and protect your PC from any unforeseen threat.
Get in touch with iYogi.
Connect to our tech experts
remotely through the Internet.
Our experts will diagnose and fix your
tech issues in no time.
Choose from one of our solutions and experience high quality support for your home or business needs. Go ahead, make the most of technology.
No issue is too big or too small for our tech experts. With the lowest wait time and the highest resolution rate,
our technicians have set high standards. Just call us and watch your problem become ours.